Saturday 28 April 2012

Preparing for Circle of Hope bike ride

I'm doing the Circle of Hope bike ride on Sunday 6th May, a charity bike ride in aid of Clatterbridge Hospital. I decided to do the 100 mile route, which seemed a good idea at the time. You can find out more about the bike ride at: http://www.circleofhopebikeride.org/.

To get in shape did a fairly hilly ride (last Sunday) out from Chester over "The Steps" to Minera and the down towards Llangollen, and then turned off the main road to go over The Garth up to Panorama Walk and then over World's End. At least it was all down hill to Chester after that. I felt a bit knackered before I set out, and the time wasn't great.



Also went out for a quick spin on Saturday 28th April - just out to Hope and back to Chester via Llay, and then out to Frodsham and back. At least that was a bit faster (average speed over 17 mph for around 40 miles)



1 comment:

  1. Im doing that on sunday also, I havent quite done the amount of training you have. I wont be trying to brake any records just out for my first century perhaps not the easiest!!
    Plenty of stops im hoping I will complete!!

    ReplyDelete