Saturday 22 October 2011

Garmin 800

As briefly mentioned in last week's post, I bought a Garmin Edge 800 (with navigation and performance pack) to replace my Shimano Flightdeck system which had become increasingly unreliable.

Positives so far: Easy to fit cadence/speed sensor, and device picked up heart rate monitor and cadence/speed sensor automatically.
Found out how to edit the main screen so it showed what I wanted - see below:
As you can see I picked: Total Elapsed Time, Speed, Distance, Time of Day, Average Speed, Cadence and Heart Rate. Quite easy to edit this to have whatever fields you want on.

Once I'd finished my usual short training ride from Chester to Hope and back, I went onto the Garmin website and uploaded the ride, and got a lot of information - see screenshot below:


Looks like it will be a useful little device.
Have not yet tried out the navigation features yet - will try this out at a later date.

Will use this tomorrow when I go out with the Chester Road Club on their Sunday run.

2 comments:

  1. wow this makes me want to get my own heart rate monitor for motivation! Where did you get yours? And if you dont mind me asking, how expensive was it?

    Regards

    garmin edge 800

    ReplyDelete
  2. This website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up! garmin gps updates free 2016

    ReplyDelete